My name is Connor Pollack and I'm a member of the saint Andrew rowing club varsity men squad. Rowing has become such an important part of my life I actually have no idea where I'd be today without it, the friends I've made, the memories I've had, and the gains I've endured. Like it or not though, we are the underdogs on this river. Recently, other crews have beat us, and we can change that by having nicer equipment to race and practice with. If we have good attendance we don't even have enough oars for everyone to use and that really cuts into our practice time and makes us slower than some of the other crews. With the money we need to fix these issues we can turn the tide and start getting golds again.
Please Help Me Raise Money for St. Andrew Rowing Club!
Established in 1988 by the Georgia Tech rowing program, St. Andrew Rowing Club (SA) is dedicated to instructing and training the best youth rowers in the metro Atlanta area.
2016-2017 has been a great year at SARC!
- Our men's Lightweight 4+ came in 6th in the US at the US Rowing Youth National Championships.
- The Women's 8+ took 1st place at Head of the South in Augusta and SARC won the overall points trophy.
- Four senior rowers received scholarships at Division 1 rowing programs and 9 of 10 of last year's seniors are rowing in college.
Why I'm Raising Funds:
Rowing is an expensive sport. Just one eight-seat boat can cost as much as $40,000. Without fundraisers like this, dues and travel expenses would be too expensive for most people to participate.
This year we are hoping to raise money for as many of the following critical needs for our club as possible and other operating expenses:
• New Oars – Our existing oars are several years old and need to be updated and replaced – Cost: $3,500.
• New Turf – The majority of our land workouts and boat rigging take place in our boathouse yard on astroturf. This turf is worn and torn as seen in the photo above. Projected Replacement Cost: $20,000.
• Replacements for Damaged Boats – We had to purchase two new doubles last year to replace two boats damaged by a fallen tree limb. We would like to pay down the $13,000 boat loan as soon as possible.
Your donations will go directly towards the purchase of new oars and equipment that my teammates and I use every day!
St. Andrew Rowing Club is very important to me. Your support means a lot to me!
To Donate by Check:
If you prefer to pay by check, please make your check payable to St. Andrew Rowing Club and mail it to the address below. Please be sure to put the name of your rower on the memo line!
St. Andrew Rowing Club
P.O. Box 500065
Atlanta, GA 31150
SARC is a 501(C) (3) non-profit organization registered in the state of Georgia, and your donation may have tax deductible benefits.
Groups and individuals raising money for the same goal.
Jerry and Cay Thornley